From the Eyes of the Intern

Hello Again Beauties!

I can't believe a month has gone by since I started my internship...time really does fly when your having fun! It's been busy but very exciting at the La Belle Agency in the past month and I am all settled in now...I think. I have been contacting future clients, sat in on more interviews with future stylist, met some of our awesome "family of stylists" (pictured to the right) and even took over half of the office by bringing in my Keurig machine so I can make my morning coffee and tea!

I can't wait to update you all about the most thrilling photo shoot I've done so far. Last week, I had the privilege to go on board a yacht (yes, a real one with a bedroom and a kitchen) which was provided by Yacht-O-Fun Charters on Lake Lewisville for a glamorous fashion photo shoot for Designs by Whitney Bracey.

We woke up with the birds and arrived at the hotel, half asleep, at 4:30 in the morning to begin hair and make-up. After a few cups of coffee and a couple cans of Red Bull, we were ready to begin the day. The models put on their stunning bathing suits Whitney designed and the whole team of photographers, videographers, models, and stylist got into our cars as we began our caravan to Pier 121 Marina. We met up with our captain, Chuck Raines and boarded the yacht. The models put on their jewelry, spray tans and smiles while the captain drove the boat out into the water and the photographer, Iris Swope started shooting immediately afterwards.

Spending an afternoon on a yacht is not what I was expecting to be doing when I was applying for internships. But I am in no way complaining! It was such a fun day and an eye-opening experience to see how much time and planning goes into shooting a look book full of amazing pictures. There is a lot of behind the scenes work involved that I had no idea took place...who knew tan accelerator and glitter hairspray even existed?

I absolutely loved being involved with this photo shoot and I look forward to more photo shoots to come!

Talk soon,
Kayla