From the eyes of the Intern: Final Posting!

Hello All!

On my final days of my internship at La Belle Agency and as I sit here and look through all of my notes that I've taken over the summer, I have to summarize everything into a few paragraphs. Otherwise this would be a chapter book! I think back to my first day when I walked into the office, knowing that I wanted to be a wardrobe stylist. I had no idea exactlly what that meant or how I was going to make this dream come true, but I knew that I was going to accomplish my dream one day.
 
First day of the internship

I have always heard that internships are to gain "experience" and learn about the industry before getting a career in that field. I could not have asked for a more hands on and actual learning experience than my internship at La Belle Agency. Each day I was assigned a task that I had never done before to learn all of the different areas of the fashioin industry and not just the wardrobe styling side. Whether this was calling photographers for photo shoots, pulling clothes from stores, location scouting, responding to models, video editing and many other tasks. There was a lot more to being a wardrobe stylist than just putting cute clothes together to make an outfit.

Photo shoot on a yacht
We have all heard the saying, "you learn something new everyday." This was deffinetly the case during my internship and my note book is evidence of this! As I was assigned tasks and duties through out the summer I was able to gain more experience and confidence about the fashion industry. Not only did I learn about fashion merchandising but I studied business, PR, event planning, and social media within a few months.

On set with couture designer gowns

I was very fortunate to have been offered this internship position and to be able to learn all about the industry from someone with a very high level of experience. This internship was so much better than sitting in a classroom and reading a textbook and I had gained more knowledge than I ever would at school. Who knew that wardrobe stylists would need to get tools and supplies to fit the clothes at a Home Depot on the way to a photo shoot?

My first self produced photo shoot

As I gather my notes and take home my coffee machine from the office, I am honored to leave La Belle Agency as a more experienced and knowledgable stylist. My notes and high quality pictures from "my first photo shoot" for my portfolio are just a small piece of what I can take away from this experience. I have the proper knowledge and experience for the "real world" that I am going to use for the rest of my life.

Stay Beautiful!

From the eyes of the intern: Kayla Tyzio